Sunday, June 12, 2011

End of the year thoughts...


First, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude toward all of the parents, families and friends that supported our second annual art auction.  As the school year draws to a close, the auction provided a wonderful opportunity to examine the hard work of our students.  While I assess each school years' work, I have a checklist of goals that I set for the students in the beginning of the year.  This year was one of exploration and a deep understanding of ways to use materials.  Although we did not get into as many projects as I hoped we would have (which is always the case since the students have innumerable ideas!), we gained mastery while using scissors, paint, glue, clay and wire.  We discovered artists such as Alma Thomas, Matisse, Picasso, Kandinsky, Chuck Close and Andy Warhol (among many others)!  We told stories about our work and learned new techniques.  Our students created detailed self-portraits, still life portraits, landscapes, observational drawings, and abstract work in watercolor, acrylic, pen and ink, wax and collage.  I am extremely proud of the work our students accomplished this year - and we were lucky enough to show it all of at the auction.  Thank you again for your never-ending support and interest in your child's work! For those of you who are moving on and leaving us, please keep in touch and continue to check out the blog!  For those of you who will be staying with us, I look forward to the awesome artwork we will be making together in the future! (Yes, we - both parents, students and myself! :) Have a wonderful summer and keep on creating! 







No comments:

Post a Comment